By R. Malcolm Errington
- Offers a essentially geared up narrative with specific emphasis on country and governmental structures
- Makes wide use of inscriptions in translation to demonstrate the ongoing energy of the Greek urban states sooner than the Roman conquest
- Emphasizes the explicit Macedonian origins of all energetic individuals within the construction of the Hellenistic world
- Highlights the relationships among Greek city-states and Macedonian monarchies
Read or Download A History of the Hellenistic World: 323 - 30 BC (Blackwell History of the Ancient World) PDF
Best ancient history books
This booklet offers for the 1st time a historical past of Eretria in the course of the Archaic period, the city's such a lot amazing interval of political significance and Keith Walker examines all of the significant parts of the city's good fortune. one of many key elements explored is Eretria's function as a pioneer coloniser in either the Levant and the West - its early Aegaen 'island empire' anticipates that of Athens by means of greater than a century, and Eretrian delivery and alternate was once equally frequent.
Greek Nymphs: Myths, Cult, Lore is the 1st entire learn of the nymph within the old Greek global. This well-illustrated booklet examines nymphs as either non secular and mythopoetic figures, tracing their improvement and value in Greek tradition from Homer during the Hellenistic interval. Drawing upon a vast diversity of literary and archaeological proof, Jennifer Larson discusses sexually strong nymphs in historic and sleek Greek folklore, using dolls representing nymphs within the socialization of women, the phenomenon of nympholepsy, the nymphs' family members with different deities within the Greek pantheon, and the nymphs' function in mythic narratives of city-founding and colonization.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2014 im Fachbereich Geschichte - Weltgeschichte - Frühgeschichte, Antike, observe: 1,3, Universität zu Köln, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Kein weiterer identify scheint mit den Perserkriegen auf eine ähnliche artwork und Weise verbunden wie der des Herodot von Harlikarnassos, schuf er doch mit den Historien ein Werk von außerordentlicher Bedeutung.
From its earliest days, Christianity has seen Judaism and Jews ambiguously. Given its roots in the Jewish group of first-century Palestine, there has been a lot in Judaism that demanded church admiration and compliment; in spite of the fact that, as Jews endured to withstand Christian fact, there has been additionally a lot that needed to be condemned.
- War, Food, and Politics in Early Hellenistic Athens
- State Pilgrims and Sacred Observers in Ancient Greece: A Study of Theōriāand Theōroi
- Early Greek Epic Fragments I: Antiquarian and Genealogical Epic (Trends in Classics - Supplementary Volumes)
- The Prince of Medicine: Galen in the Roman Empire
- Tiberius und Germanicus: Tyrannischer Princeps und edelmütiger Prinz? (German Edition)
- The Spaniards in Rome (Routledge Revivals): From Marius to Domitian
Additional resources for A History of the Hellenistic World: 323 - 30 BC (Blackwell History of the Ancient World)
A History of the Hellenistic World: 323 - 30 BC (Blackwell History of the Ancient World) by R. Malcolm Errington